Sunday, April 11, 2010

the amazing sweater vest...

...is finally freakin' done.  almost one year later, with lots of questions and ignoring and looking at and wishing...it is finished.  nahum was too sweet, telling me that once it is finished he is going to wear it all day long (and he did).  i was so happy to finish something wearable for the first time (other than a hat or scarf) that i wanted to take a full page ad in the local paper to announce my craftiness.  but i didn't because well...anyway now i can start nahum's blanket and i want to make a sweater for someone...either nahum or zevy.  i ended up using malabrigo yummy soft yarn to knit this since nahum is so ultra picky about the softness of his clothes.  it is the first time since i have started spinning that i didn't use handspun and it was a bit weird.  okay...well i am off to continue the tackle of mount laundry. 

7 comments:

  1. I am so impressed! I love it Pennie! The colors and the pattern is so perfect. Hope you're feeling well, thinking of you! love, Kyndale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures of Nahum and his vest...of course, I am the Grandma!!! good job, now on to the next project for you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Pennie!
    He looks super excited to be wearing a mama-made : ) Hope you are feeling well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. is awesome! nice job. I love that he is completely soaking in the new-vest attention, and hamming it up! That's just the appreciation I would want in my first wearable project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vest! And look how tough it makes Nahum! I like the pick of Zev in the background like, "what's he so happy about? where's my sweater vest?" Now that you're feeling a little better (hopefully) you can nest and knit your heart away. I find pregnancy to be my most energetic knitting time.

    :)lisa

    ReplyDelete