Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Hop, Skip, and Jump We're Back Home! (part 1)

For approximately 492 minutes we left the state of Maine. We went to Jersey for a quicker than quick visit. We don't have a whole lot of time to leave the homestead in the beginning to middle of harvest season but we managed to pack in one trip to the lake house, one trip to the sprayground, one trip to Uncle Bill's house, several visits to the lovely pool, and lots of sitting with Great Grandparents and Grandparents alike!! ... here are some of the pictures we snapped along the way.


Oh one more thing...the ride down was, without a doubt the worst ride I have ever taken in a car before (even worse than sharing a backseat with the most annoying little brother ever-sorry Uncle Joshy, you were!).

Oh one more thing...I CAN KNIT IN THE CAR AND NOT GET CARSICK...holy cow that was the best discovery ever!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made the most of each of those special minutes:-) And all that boy cousin love...how awesome!!!

    Too funny...I'm so excited too that I can knit while Steve drives...reading always made me carsick!!!

    Welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pennie, I'm so sorry it was a crummy drive...but it looks like the destination was fun! What great pics! I love the kids in the lake...oh, we don't have any lakes here that I know about...I'd love to go swimming in a lake! Glad to hear about knitting! Maybe I'll try it! I didn't even think to do something WHILE traveling!!

    -genny

    ps. I responded to your comment under my last blog post. I've seen that a lot of people do it that way, I guess as long as you click that "email follow up comments" it works o.k.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you got away that long! It's hard for me to leave my garden for a day.

    Driving with kids is my most unfavorite thing to do. I get exhausted making the little one happy. I feel like I'm doing a tap dance in the back seat. Good news though. Now that my youngest is three..driving long distances is magically better.

    Well, it does look like your trip was worth the pain hopefully.

    Smiles,
    Kyndale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am happy you are back in this space!
    Lovely photos, it looks like you had a nice visit : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. 492. I love it. You were in Space Maine after all. That's my girl. Loveyou!

    ReplyDelete