Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Three Popsicle Kind Of Day

It was hot today. The first one of the summer, really. I had to stay home to clean and prepare for our upcoming journey to visit with family. The house was disgusting and the laundry piles were rather large. Normally I would ditch all and head to the beach but this time around we have someone that will be farm-sitting for us (so I really had to clean). This is a huge relief. I will not have to worry about anything. It is pretty hard to find someone willing to stop in several (up to three) times a day to water our crew. Anyway. I stayed home on this gorgeous day and cleaned, inside. We did fill up the mini pool first thing to let the sun warm it and I believe it was just below boiling when the boys went in. Lovely. And yes, we did eat five popsicles between the two of us. (They were made with the homemade agave lemonade! Super yummy!) By the way...I did get my cleaning done (including the fridge) and I had time to knit, and lay back on the grass, feet in the pool, and gaze up at the beautiful blue sky!!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade popsicles are the best! Perfect for the hot days of summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to get all the cleaning done and find time for some fun:-)

    Just think, you get to come home to a clean house (something I never manage to do ;-)

    ReplyDelete