Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Hold My Breath

Nahum has been really persistant about riding his balance bike everywhere we go. He has gotten quite good with it and can coast down a hill. He loves to go real fast. I let him ride through Bar Harbor the other day (on the day of the first cruise ship). As we crossed the streets and move through the people I found myself holding my breath (please don't fall). He used to walk right next to me holding my hand and now he likes to ride far ahead and turn around to look at me with a smug look on his face. I hold my breath for the moments he chooses to grow up hoping he will be safe and that nothing will hurt him. Watching him ride away from me while I walk with little Zev in the sling makes me proud. I can only imagine there will be a time when he and Zev race ahead of me and then I wonder will I remember to breathe at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment